Our firm has wide experience in complex cross-border and local corporate transactions, mergers and acquisitions across some of Uruguay´s main industries, financing operations and regulatory matters surrounding them.
Our practice spans the acquisition of local companies by multinationals, the setup of local companies to develop real-estate and infrastructure projects and the structuring of local trusts to channel investments and deliver financing. Given Uruguay´s beneficial tax treatment across its tax-free trade zones (zonas francas), as well as “temporary admission” manufacturing rules, our firm assists foreign investors in evaluating the different options that the country offers, and helps choose the most tax and cost efficient structure. From there onwards, we help set up businesses, with a careful understanding of regulation, timelines and permit requirements.
The firm advises in corporate governing matters, in the setup of multi-class stock corporations, in complex multi-jurisdiction corporate structures, and in strategic alliances and joint ventures among local or foreign-owned companies. Many of our professionals are either general advisors or members of the board of directors of client companies.
We also have vast experience in negotiating and structuring from simple commercial agreements, to complex structures including financing trusts, debt-equity swaps, share purchase agreements and project finance arrangements. Our firm’s members have participated in many of Uruguay’s privatizations and bring invaluable expertise to foreign companies seeking opportunities in the country’s growing market in this field.
- Our Services Include:
- Mergers and acquisitions advisory, due diligence and structuring
- Drafting and negotiation of corporate contracts
- Company agreements, shareholders agreements
- Structuring of trusts
- Company Incorporation, locally and in offshore jurisdictions
- Set-up of special purpose vehicles (SPVs) for targeted investments
- Joint ventures among companies, local and cross-border
- Loans, mortgages and pledges
- Leasing of assets in Uruguay or offshore under Uruguayan corporate vehicles
- Permits and regulations for business set-up
- Tax advisory
- General Corporate Law advice
Andersen Tax & Legal is Uruguay’s member of Andersen Global, an international association of member firms comprised of legal and tax professionals worldwide.